Sunday, May 2, 2010

Date Night!

The boyfriend and I enjoyed a night in, and cooked up a new recipe that turned out great :) We made Coconut Breaded Shrimp, and the recipe can be found here. I was craving some good coconut shrimp (I'm just throwing coconut into everything lately, aren't I?), so I took the fried version and "healthified" it by baking it in the oven, and only using egg whites in the breading process. We served it with some roasted broccoli.



There was also some shiraz involved ;)


Nathan's mom baked me a rhubarb pie because she knows I like rhubarb (so nice of her!), but apparently his dad got into it so she ended up just sending me a piece of the pie haha. My wonderful boyfriend brought me the piece in bed with some vanilla frozen yogurt, and I ate it as I wound down for the night. Is there anything better than pie in bed? ;)


Good night, hope you all had a good start to the week and are ready to take on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment