Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Me" Day

I slept in a little today, so breakfast was on the go. I packed myself my last freezer bagel with nutella, and some "tropical fruit salad", aka mango + banana + coconut. There was supposed to be some pineapple in there too, but it had been in the fridge for a questionable amount of time and smelled a little off, so I decided to pass.


The fruit salad was awesome! I wish I had more mango left so I could make more, but unfortunately it was my last as well.

Lunch was round two of the lunch I had brought the day before. Work ended up ordering in chinese, but I stuck with my salad instead. (Note - I ate the dark chocolate coconut Kashi bar yesterday - today was actually a chocolate raspberry one.)


I ended up eating my whole lunch at noon, so by the time I got home I was starving! Didn't plan that out very well :S I had some carrot sticks to tide me over until dinner.


I also finally dug my teapot out of the pile of stuff I still haven't bothered to unpack after my move, so I've been sipping some nice green tea all night.


I missed my teapot



I feel like I'm always on the go - out shopping, at the gym, working, running errands - and my muscles are really aching from my workout on Monday, so I decided to take a "me" day. A day where I come straight home after work and do nothing. What better way to have a me day than to have chocolate pudding for dinner?


It may look like just a bowl of granola and strawberries (there were a ton of berries), but there was some pudding hidden in there!


It wasn't actually a real chocolate pudding, more of a mad science yogurt mix. I basically combined the following in a saucepan:
  • 200g vanilla yogurt
  • 1 piece Lindt dark chocolate
  • 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 packets Truvia
  • sprinkle of gelatin
And then threw it in the freezer for about half an hour, because I'm impatient and wanted to eat it NOW. It thickened up really nicely, and I was actually a little surprised that it worked out so well. It tasted a little more tart than regular pudding (probably because of the yogurt), but it was still really delicious.


After dinner my sweet tooth still wasn't satisfied, so I had a couple pieces of the Lindt chocolate, and a scoop of peanut butter on a spoon. Just one of those "I want to eat everything" kind of days, you know?



Now I'm on a tea-only diet until bed, which will hopefully be sooner than later. I want to be completely rested tomorrow from my relaxing night!

What do you do to relax?

Also, look out for some big changes on my blog in what will hopefully be the near future! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment