Saturday, May 15, 2010

Scheduled Relaxation

This morning started off on the right foot - the boyfriend and I woke up with no help from alarm clocks, and made a nice breakfast of coffee and pumpkin pancakes.

I know he loves regular pancakes, but I always bulk them up with healthy ingredients like pumpkin, oats and protein for some added nutrition and staying power. It didn't seem like he minded too much ;)


I used the same recipe I posted last time, but I doubled it to feed both of us, and subbed in oats for half of the flour for a more nutty texture. They didn't end up looking all that beautiful, but they tasted great and now I'm ready for the day ahead.


I had 3 plates like this, topped with a little bit of natural peanut butter mixed with maple syrup, yum!

We have lots planned - including grocery shopping, a walk, errands, other shopping, etc - but it should still be a pretty low-key, relaxing day. See you later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment