Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Little Lunch That Couldn't

So the nice lunch I posted earlier today didn't end up happening. I guess the soup had been in the cupboard longer than I had thought, and the 2008 best before date made me think that maybe it wasn't the best choice. I ended up going out to Tim Hortons with some co-workers, and got some chicken noodle soup and a multigrain bagel with cream cheese. No picture though :( I also ended up eating all the snacks I had brought with my lunch other than the actual soup and ham.

When I got home I felt so hungry that I just wanted something very bulky that had a stick-to-your-ribs filling factor, so of course I went to pumpkin oats. I really bulked them up!

  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 small banana
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
The bowl was huge and really filled me up. I love pumpkin oats :D

I was craving something sweet (as always) later at night, so I had the other half of the banana from my oats with some raw chocolate syrup.


It got really messy by the time I took the picture!

I kind of feel like I'm coming down with something, so I spent the night drinking tea and resting. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow, because it's almost the weekend and I want to enjoy my days off. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. 2008 best not eat unless your stomach is made of cast-iron.

    Pumpkin oats very intersting. I have never tried them.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I liked pumpkin because every time I see pumpkin oats I want some!!!! I just can't stand the stuff, though! :(

    Mmm...bananas...

    ReplyDelete