Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lazy Morning

Today was supposed to be productive, but it just didn't end up happening. I enjoyed a nice morning of doing absolutely nothing useful, which is necessary sometimes. For breakfast I had a bowl of oatmeal:


  • 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup soy milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 2 spoonfuls non-fat yogurt
  • 1 1/3 tbsp macadamia nut butter
  • squirt of agave nectar
I really liked the chia seeds in the mix - it made the oats nice and fluffy. I also had a side of grapefruit, which was so juicy I needed to eat it over the sink.


Yesterday I picked up a new kind of tea from Whole Foods - Four O' Clock Chocolate Spice. I love chocolate, so I figured it was worth a try. I brewed the tea last night, and made a latte with it this morning. I really liked the chocolate spice taste, but it was very week, even after brewing all night. I think two teabags are necessary, but because they were so expensive I'm not sure this would be a regular product for me.


Last night I also made some Coconut Curry Hummus, modified a little from Kath's recipe. It was amazing! I'm not really a fan of store-bought hummus, which I find kind of strange because I love chickpeas, so I think it's the flavouring manufacturers use. I'll definitely be making my own hummus from now on. The recipe for the way I made it can be found here.


I enjoyed some for lunch today with multigrain pretzel twists and some veggies. Yum!


The boyfriend came over in the afternoon, and we went out to do some shopping. While we were checking out furniture at Ikea, I got one of their frozen yogurts (which are delicious!).


Nathan got a little more than me.


I was craving frozen yogurt all day, so it really hit the spot.


Right now we're just waiting for some shrimp to defrost so we can cook a nice dinner together. See you all after some good food and wine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment