Monday, May 10, 2010

A Family of Apples

Today I wasn't really feeling in the mood to cook, so I decided to just stick with leftovers for dinner. I heated up the last of my Squash Gratin with some tofu crumbles mixed in, and stuck some spinach in underneath the warmed dish so it would wilt. Very filling and delicious for such a quick dinner! I need to start batch cooking more often.


I ended up pouring out the diet ginger ale because it hadn't been refrigerated for very long, and just wasn't hitting the spot. After dinner I had a little "incident" - I was eyeing the leftovers from my baking yesterday, and it basically ended in me eating:

X 1million

And some butterscotch chips.

X 2

:(

Such is life.

I was determined to turn my night around, though - with my very first BodyPump class! I was a little nervous because it's a little intimidating watching everyone with all of the equipment, but the instructor was really nice and helped me get set up, and made sure I was able to follow the class okay.

I absolutely loved it, and can't wait to go back again! I felt so strong when I left, and it completely lifted my mood. I'm not sure I'll be able to go back for a while, though, because I already have that jell-o feeling in my muscles that means I'm gonna be reeeally sore tomorrow.

After BodyPump I decided to grab some apples on my way out of the store, because I had my last one for lunch today. I'm a little bit of an apple freak, so I hate not having any at home! Seriously, is there any better fruit than an apple? You can grab them and go, peel them, slice them, dip them, bake them, they come in a million different varieties and they're always available.

Royal gala is my favourite kind of apple, but every once in a while I change it up a bit, just to keep things interesting. Today a bunch of different varieties caught my eye, so I bought an entire little family of apples as well as my regular bag of royal gala.


Ambrosia, crispin, braeburn and cripps pink. Fuji and golden delicious fell out of the bag and got bruised :'(


All my RGs :) I know it would probably be cheaper to buy the pre-bagged ones, but I like hand-choosing my own from the display to make sure every one will be delicious (I HATE surprise mushy apples!).

I'm ready to settle down with my book and the braeburn, but laundry is calling.

What's your favourite kind of apple?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful interesting post. Leftover desserts in the fridge can be a killer. My wife polished off the rest of the cake from Mother's day.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite type of apple, by the way, is Fuji. Love them...

    ReplyDelete