Friday, May 14, 2010

Iron Man

This morning started off great. I've recently developed an obsession with Peanut Butter Puffins, so I think Tina must've been reading my mind when she posted about her PBP Smoothie! ;)


I downsized the calories a bit, and made mine with:
  • 1/3 cup soy milk
  • 2/3 scoop vanilla protein
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/2 serving Peanut Butter Puffins
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • lots of ice
It was AMAZING! And it actually kept me full until lunch, which I was a little surprised about because smoothies usually don't hold me over for long.

My lunch photo was a little ugly today, but the food itself was delicious. I dug a bag of shirataki noodles out of my fridge, and cooked it up with some onion, spinach and sesame sauce, and threw a fried egg on top. The usual snacks tagged along.


I also snuck a diet coke from work, oops! I was never big on pop, but lately I've been drinking a lot of diet coke. I've been trying to cut back as part of my effort to eat more natural foods, but it's hard to resist the zero-cal sweet treat when you're bored in the office.


I prepared a special dinner for the boyfriend today: Japanese curry slow-cooked all day in the crock pot. It was my first time making curry in a crock pot, but it turned out absolutely awesome and I can't wait to have the leftovers for dinner tomorrow!


All I did was chop up the following and combine them in the crock pot:
  • 1 large carrot
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 large potato
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 4 cubes of curry roux (can be found at most asian grocery stores)
And I left it on low for about 8 hours, and gave it a quick stir on high once I got home. I had preset the rice maker too, and it was nice to have it all ready when I got home from errands and the gym :) To make the evening even more relaxing, we shared a bottle of St. Ambroise Apricot Wheat Ale, which wasn't as light and sweet as I expected, but still very good.




Eating my dinner.


We decided to go see Iron Man 2 tonight, and got to the theatre really early because Nathan insisted it would be packed. It was actually almost completely empty when we got there, but it filled up closer to show time, so I guess it was a good thing we went a bit sooner.

I did have time to grab a frozen yogurt though, with blackberries and pineapple mixed in. Yum!


The movie was good, but the frozen yogurt stole the show for me ;) By the time we got home I was hungry again, so I ate 3 dried dates (not pictured) and one of the homemade rolls Nathan's mom made for me.


I think those were caraway seeds, and they were delicious!

We have a fun and busy day planned out for tomorrow, so I want to get my butt into bed asap. Goodnight bloggers, see you all tomorrow!

1 comment: