Friday, April 30, 2010

Double Class

Whew, today was a long day! I was up bright and early for work, and I threw together a nice mug of oats before I had to go.


In the mix:
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 small banana
  • 2/3 tbsp peanut butter
  • 4 pecans
  • agave nectar
  • cinnamon
I've made a bunch of changes to my morning oats lately - some that I think I'll keep, and others that I don't think I will.

Quick oats -> Old fashioned oats: The texture is really different and I'm not sure how I like the extra chewiness, but I have a jumbo bag so I'm sure I'll like it eventually ;)
Almond milk -> Soy milk: I'm not sure I like this change. Soy milk has far more protein, but almond milk adds a nice nutty flavour for only half the calories, so I think I'll be switching back as soon as my carton of soy milk is gone.
Sweetener -> Agave nectar: I read a lot of research about the negative effects of agave nectar and it's high fructose content, but in the end I decided that it had to be better than chemical sweeteners, so I decided to give it a go. I really like it - it kind of tastes like a less intense honey.

I wasn't very diligent today, because I forgot to take pictures of both my lunch and afternoon snack :( Neither were overly exciting - we had lunch ordered in from a nearby chinese place and my meal ended up being Bombay Chicken, which was so spicy that I barely ate any of it. I felt bad for wasting so much food, but my mouth was on FIRE! I did eat the apple I brought (as well as my entire water bottle lol), and for my afternoon snack I had some baby carrots and snap peas.

After work I had planned on going to my first BodyFlow class. I joined Goodlife Fitness this week, but I ended up hurting my shoulder/neck/back while I was moving, so I've been unable to do anything active with it for the past few days :( Today I felt well enough today to try something low impact, so I was really excited to finally get out to the gym!

BodyFlow was nice, although I think I want to check out the just-yoga class another night. I felt so good afterwards that I decided to just stay for the following Zumba class, which I had also never tried! The time did seem to fly by, although I'm not sure it lived up to the sky-high expectations I've developed after hearing everyone rave about it. If I'm not too sore tomorrow I might check out another Zumba class at a different location, and see what it's like with a different instructor :)

Dinner was a big, protein-filled salad with spinach, salmon, egg whites, asparagus, roasted broccoli and mayo+dijon dressing. Yum!


You can also see the new placemat I bought from Loblaws for only $1.97!


Pretty nice for such a low price, eh? :) I might go back tomorrow and trade my second green one for a yellow, so I have one of each colour because I'm so indecisive, and matching is overrated.

Dessert was a random mix that I threw together in my mug:

  • 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
  • 6 vanilla meringues
  • 1 tsp chocolate chips
  • 3 Lotte chocolate pie treats
It was so good! Definitely an interesting mix of textures and flavours that I would eat again. Well I'm absolutely exhausted, and I can hear bed calling me. Have a good Friday everyone!

What's your favourite way to exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment