Monday, April 19, 2010

Boxes Everywhere!

Whew, I'm exhausted! I meant to blog earlier today, but I was just so busy that it didn't end up happening. I started my morning with half a banana + pb and a run:


I think I might've hurt my leg on my run :( It felt a little tight when I started, and by the end it was pretty sore and I was walking a little funny. Now my leg feels really tight and sore everywhere, so I think I might skip my runs for the next couple of days until I feel better.

By the time I got home I was staaarrrrving, so I hopped in the shower and made a quick bowl of pumpkin oats.


Today's mix was:
  • 1/3 cup quick oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tbsp yogurt + 1 tbsp cream cheese
  • 1 tbsp granola
  • cinnamon
  • last of the maple syrup jar
Mmm, I'm loving the yogurt and cream cheese mixture on top! :) The rest of my day consisted of packing and moving boxes home. I'm going to be staying at home for this "transitionary" week off school, until I move to Toronto on Sunday to begin my new job.

It's a little draining thinking that the move is only half over, but at least I'm done for now and can relax and enjoy my week off :)

I took a break around lunchtime to have a Chocolate Chip Clif Bar and apple slices:


And then once I was done unloading the car late in the evening, I grilled up a burger on the barbecue (which I've missed!) and made a nice salad.


Wilted Hamburger Salad
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 3/4 cup sliced onions
  • 1 hamburger patty
  • 1 hamburger bun
  • 1 tbsp mayo
I caramelized the onions as the burger was cooking, and then threw in the spinach for the last few seconds so it wilted a little bit. Served the burger on top and the bun on the side :) So delicious!

After my hard day, I decided I needed a treat. Dairy Queen has a promotion this week where you can buy one blizzard and get a second for only 25 cents, which seemed like perfect timing! I dragged the boyfriend away from his studies for some much-needed ice cream ;) I got the Ooey Gooey Caramel Brownie Blizzard:


Yum!



We definitely enjoyed them :) I was a little disappointed at first because I thought they didn't put very many brownie pieces in, but it turns out they all sank to the bottom, so the end was amazing!

Now I'm ready for a loooong sleep. Zzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment