Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Colombo Cookin'

In honour of all the time I have during my week off, I decided to make a new recipe :) I was watching the Food Network this morning, and the Chicken and Coconut Colombo recipe on Ricardo & Friends caught my eye - partly because it looked delicious, and partly because I've had a can of coconut milk in my cupboard for about a year now that really needs to be used!

A trip to the grocery store later, I was all ready to get started. The recipe called for the chicken to be pan-fried, but it was beautiful outside, and things always taste better grilled anyway ;)


The grill station, complete with a beer! I followed the recipe pretty closely - the only changes I made were adding in some carrots, using a jalapeno (grocery store didn't have any habanero), and omitting the allspice (I forgot to pick some up, d'oh!).


The finished product, served with some Japanese rice. I really enjoyed it - the chicken was tender, all the veggies were great, and it had a good amount of spice to it. There are also tons of leftovers, which will make for a happy dad and boyfriend ;)

For dessert I made a delicious ice cream concoction:


S'mores Sundae
  • 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
  • 2 tsp chocolate chips
  • 2 tbsp marshmallow fluff
  • 1 graham cracker
Yum! :) Now it's time to get my stuff together and turn in early. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment