Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pumpkin Oats

This morning I woke up and went for a run, which felt great. I woke up a little earlier than usual, and by the time I was ready to head outside my stomach was growling, so I had a few almonds to tide me over.


When I got back I was ravenous, so I hopped in the shower quickly and then made a big bowl of pumpkin oats with a cup of green tea.





In the oats:
  • 1/3 cup quick oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 small banana
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
  • scoop of nonfat yogurt
  • 2/3 tbsp peanut butter
  • handful Kashi GoLean Crunch
I have a lot of studying to do today! I see an iced coffee in my future ...

4 comments:

  1. Saw your profile on another page. Glad I found your informative and well-written blog. Look forward to following you here. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Oats!!! And glad to see I'm not the only one who scrambles to a window for some natural light! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the coolest ingredients...canned pumpkin and roasted pumpkin seeds in April? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lazaro
    Thanks for the compliment! :)

    @ Therese
    LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one too! I live in a basement apartment right now, so there's not much light anywhere else :(

    @ Kim
    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete