Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Carrot Cake Oats

What's up, doc?


These oats were DELICIOUS! Almost tasted more like the actual dessert than breakfast! In the mix:
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 banana
  • 5 large baby carrots, shredded
  • 1 1/3 tbsp light cream cheese
  • 1 1/3 tbsp nonfat yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp sweetener
  • 1/2 tsp shredded coconut
  • 2/3 tbsp peanut butter
  • handful of raisins
I have a busy day ahead, but now I'm fuelled and ready to go!

7 comments:

  1. mmmm! looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try adding almonds or cashews to the mix, i made something similar and the nuts made it taste even better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! How do you mix the peanut butter in? The most I add to my oatmeal is brown sugar, I got brave and tried PB but failed! It just stuck to my spoon. Do you melt it first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im hoping ill get to try something like that for breakfast sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good I like your meal ideas I am really busy with school to so its nice to have something healthy and fast

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kim
    I just leave the peanut butter on the spoon and stick it partway into the bowl. The peanut butter melts a bit from the heat of the oatmeal, and you can either stir it right in or just keep it on the spoon (my preference), which makes every bite peanut-buttery :) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete