Sunday, April 25, 2010

Trip Recap (Take 2)

This was a very busy weekend for me! I went on the trip to Buffalo with Nate, and then packed up all my things and moved to Toronto the day after we got back. Needless to say, I haven't really had the time to blog, or do anything else!

Buffalo

The trip was very nice - I started off the day with a bowl of oatmeal, and the weather was beautiful and sunny, which is my favourite weather to drive in. The ride didn't seem to take that long, and we enjoyed a healthy packed lunch in the car.



We spent the day shopping at the Walden Galleria, and I went a little overboard at Urban Outfitters (my favourite store!). I got a few nice pieces of clothing there, and I can't wait to wear all of them :) After the shopping, we went for dinner at my favourite restaurant:


The Cheesecake Factory! They don't have these in Canada, and I love the extensive entree and dessert selections - especially for such a reasonable price. I also love their tropical iced tea, and the brown oat bread they serve! I definitely ate our entire serving ;)




I usually get the Sweet Corn Tamales as my meal because it's my absolute favourite, but this time I decided to try something new. I got the Chicken Bellagio special, which was basil pasta in a cream sauce with breaded chicken, topped with prosciutto and arugula salad. I was a little disappointed because there was almost no cream sauce. Everything else was very good, though, especially my White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Caramel Cheesecake ;) Yum!

Niagara Falls

We spent the night in a cheap but relatively nice hotel and headed back home the next day, but not before stopping to walk the main strip in Niagara Falls. I love going to the Hershey's store, and looking at all of the attractions. It seems like it's always busy there! We stopped at a Starbucks along the way for some passion tea.


Dinner at EJ's

When I got home that night I planned on spending a relaxing night in, but ended up going out for dinner with some family friends at a pub in a nearby town. The food wasn't very good (we ordered the crab dip and I got a Southwestern Chicken Salad, as well as had a few bites of the M&M Mud Pie that was ordered for dessert), but I did enjoy a few beers.



Moving Day

Today I spent the whole day packing up all my belongings and driving them out to Toronto, where I'll be working for the next few months. I'm really excited to be back, but I'll be even more excited when I'm done with the hassle of living out of boxes. I celebrated with a fancy dinner for one, complete with wine:


I'm so exhausted! I'm ready for a good night's sleep~

2 comments:

  1. It's so funny you like cheesecake factory. My bf and I call it the feedlot factory, but we get dragged there by my family far too often for my liking. : ) I just get a small side salad for my entree and add grilled chicken and dressing on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I was SO behind reading your posts but now I've subscribed and won't miss one again! I've never been to the Cheesecake Factory but have been DYING to go! Anything with "cheesecake" in the title is fine by me!

    Also, my blog should be up and running by next week! I'll totally add your blog to my blogroll!. It's www.lifestastyadventures.com there's nothing on it at the moment but I'm hoping to get something up by Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete