Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Busy Days

Yesterday I tried a new recipe, because I have some cabbage and ricotta cheese in my fridge that I want to get rid of before I move away from school in the next few weeks. It ended up very light and airy, and was a great lunch for when you don't want anything too heavy.


Creamy Cabbage Soup
  • 1 cup shredded cabbage
  • 100g ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • handful fresh spinach
  • dollop of plain yogurt (sour cream would also work)
Just mix the first 3 ingredients in a pot and simmer until the cabbage softens, then puree in a blender with the fresh spinach, and garnish with the yogurt.

For dinner I made salmon onigiri My favourite, other than tuna :)

And lots of snacks! I love snacking, and I'm not sure I could ever skip my snacks for the day.




This morning before my exam I had a delicious bowl of oatmeal:


PB&J Oats
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 small banana
  • handful raspberries
  • 1/2 tbsp raspberry jam
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • chopped peanuts

They went fast, and I got to enjoy the new Peter Rabbit bowl I bought yesterday from Home Sense :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome eats (it's "PinkCoconut" by the way)!!! I LOVE onigiri but haven't had it since A. I came back from Japan, and B. I became a vegetarian. Going to find some fun veggie things to put inside them and then learn to make them for myself! :D

    Great job on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must really love those chocolate eggs!! I think its great that someone is putting effort into making quick light meals that are healthy too. More people need to do this. I will try some of your ideas in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so cute! I love all your oats...I have oatmeal every morning for breakfast and am always looking for new ideas. Yours look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete