Saturday, April 17, 2010

Nate Date


Our Farmer's Market date was a success, even though the weather went a little crazy while we were there. As we were walking around the outdoor stalls, it started hailing and the wind was nearly blowing me over! But I managed to find some green beans for dinner at a great price, so it was worth it ;)



Nathan with the spoils:


Surprisingly, I rarely buy my produce from the Farmer's Market, even though it's so close and it's open every weekend. I need to come out more often, because the prices and quality were both great!

After getting the beans we went to check out the indoor stalls because it was so cold outside, and I snacked on a sample of beer peanuts and cashew brittle as we browsed.


One of the shops we passed was called Mother Nature's Kitchen, and it caught my eye because it was selling homemade Honey Almond Granola. I'd been searching the supermarkets in the area lately for granola that doesn't have very many additives, but I hadn't had much luck.


I talked to the woman running the stand, and she said that her husband makes a new batch fresh every week, and it's made with natural ingredients, sweetened only by honey. The ingredients list looked awesome!


I ended up buying a 700g bag for $10 (a great deal for granola!), and it's probably the most AMAZING granola I've ever eaten! It was very soft in texture which I thought was a little different, but it definitely worked. And I think if I'm ever craving something with a little more crunch to it, a few minutes in the oven will crisp it up nicely. It's the perfect mix of sweet and chewy and tender and crunchy, and has just the right amount of every kind of flavour. So much love!

When I got home I just wanted to break into the granola right away, so I made a salad with spinach, apples and granola, topped with some honey and balsamic vinegar.


Look at that granola, mmm!


I ate it super fast, and then munched on some more of the granola just because it was so delicious! I had to hide the bag in the cupboard just so I didn't keep taking handfuls!

I ended up taking a nap after lunch because I was so tired, and then I had to start packing up for my move next week. I got going with an iced coffee topped with cinnamon, and some of the beans from the market.


After a busy afternoon of moving around furniture and packing up my nice work clothes, Nathan came over for a romantic dinner. We had Sesame Pasta with Beef, but unfortunately it didn't turn out very pretty. We were busy talking while we cooked, so a lot of the pots were left alone a little too long. Almost everything ended up a little overdone, and the final product wasn't very glamorous-looking :(


We still had fun, though, and it tasted good! ♥ Maybe I'll post the recipe once it's perfected a little more :)


For dessert we had some decadent ice cream dressed up with caramel syrup and chocolate chips :) Yum!



Today felt much longer than it actually was, and I feel so ready for bed right now. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment