Saturday, April 17, 2010

End of Term

Breakfast this morning was a little rushed because I got up early to cram last-minute for my statistics exam, which is my last of the term!


I had a Crunchy Peanut Butter Clif Bar, which was a little disappointing :( I really enjoyed the Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Almond Fudge flavours, but I found that this one had the same funny aftertaste that the Oatmeal Raisin Walnut bar did. Guess I just have to keep going by trial-and-error.

After our (last!) exam, one of my roommates and I went to get some bubble tea to celebrate :) We went to the go-to bubble tea establishment in the plaza next to the university.


I got a small Jasmine Coconut milk tea with tapioca pearls. I found it disappointing too! Guess I'm just not having a good food day today :( The girl that took my order seemed new, so I think that maybe she missed the "jasmine" part, because I could only taste the coconut. It was still good, but I was looking forward to trying a new flavour combo. At least my roommate enjoyed her Almond Icy Swirls!


My lunch was all over the place - I wasn't sure what I wanted, and I was really hungry after my post-exam run (which surprisingly didn't hurt my stomach after the bubble tea). I ended up just throwing something quick on a plate before devouring it.


I didn't get much accomplished today, but I was a good girlfriend and made Nathan some Japanese fried rice with leftovers I had lying around to help him get through his next exams. I'll be bringing it over to him tonight, but shhh, it's a secret! ;)



While I was cooking I started feeling snacky, so I had half a banana with some chocolate chips stuck into it. Yum!


For dinner I used up the last of my spaghetti sauce with some spaghettini noodles, sliced zucchini, breaded chicken breast and mozzarella cheese. I was so hungry by the time it was ready that I almost didn't want to wait long enough to take a photograph of it. I don't know why I'm so hungry today!


Dinner was followed by a cold beer.



I got the Molson Canadian 67 to try as a more "calorie-friendly" option for when I'm out, but I'm still not sure what I think of it. The flavour is very light (bordering on weak) and it feels like it doesn't have enough body to satisfy me. I enjoyed my glass today though, maybe because I haven't had beer in a while.

Both of my roommates moved out today, so I'm feeling very lonely and sad. I can't believe that the term is already over! I might get out some of the chocolate ice cream my roommate left in the freezer to keep me company ;)

[Edit]: Definitely dug into the ice cream!


Had two spoonfuls like this, plus a little straight out of the carton ;) Mmm, heaven on a spoon!

1 comment: