Monday, April 12, 2010

Exam Day

Busy times for me right now! I just finished writing 3 exams in 4 days, and I still have 2 more to go before I'm free for the term. Even though I'm busy with studying, I've still been making time to enjoy my food.

I started off my day with a great oat concoction ... I'm seriously loving these different kinds of oatmeal so much that I can't wait to go to sleep and wake up so I can have another bowl!


This one contained:
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 banana
  • large handful crushed blueberries
  • 1/2 tbsp raspberry jam
  • crushed graham cracker
  • 1 tsp shredded coconut
  • 2/3 tbsp peanut butter
SO delicious! I tried out Kath's style of stovetop oats with whipped banana, and it's probably going to be a staple for me from now on. I'm excited to try the combo I have in mind for tomorrow ;)

Lunch and dinner were kind of rushed for me. I had an on-campus help session so I downed a green smoothie before leaving:


And brought along a quick meal of egg salad, apple slices, baby carrots and a Ritz Crackerful's snack that I saved for late in the afternoon when I was hungry again. It was supposed to be an egg salad sandwich, but my bread was all moldy when I went to get some! I was so disappointed :(

Egg salad before:

Egg salad after:
All packed up :)

I had a few bites of my boyfriend's dinner at his house, and snacked on some Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffle eggs when I got home.


Tomorrow might or might not include camera shopping ;)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1-the picture of egg salad made me drool. definitely making that for lunch tomorrow!

    #2-I never thought to use graham crackers crushed up in oatmeal! Or I guess the PC/healthy way to say it is 'never thought to add it to my oats' lol. Reminds me of smores...is a smores inspired oatmeal too dessert-y for breakfast??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    @Kim
    Definitely not! I think s'mores oatmeal sounds great. There's actually a delicious-looking picture of some on Kath Eats Real Food. :)

    ReplyDelete