Thursday, April 29, 2010

Long Time No Write

Sorry I've been missing for a while folks, I've been really busy with life, and haven't managed to find the time to blog my food :( Today will be different though! Before work I threw together a quick bowl of oats topped with some crunchy peanut butter and peanut butter puffins:


Then for lunch I ate the lunch I actually made myself for the day before, but didn't get to eat because I ended up going out for lunch. It was an apple, granola and spinach salad with balsamic+honey dressing, banana with nonfat yogurt, a mini Luna bar and some baby carrots and grapes for a snack.


The salad was a little wilty after sitting in the fridge for two days, but it looks really nice in the picture because it was taken yesterday when it was still fresh ;)

Dinner today was special! Nate and I were supposed to be going out to a nice sushi place before a concert, but because of time constraints we ended up grabbing some takeout sushi from Sushi Marche, because I've read great things about it and wanted to try it anyway, so it seemed like perfect timing. I ordered the Maki Moriawase Dinner with salad, and some fresh fruit.

First off, the salad was very nice, and came with sesame dressing, which is my absolute favourite!


The sushi was gorgeous and really fresh! The kamikaze roll (salmon, tempura flakes, fish roe and spicy sauce) was definitely my favourite, even though it was a little difficult to eat because it was so large. I loved the lemon that was in the roll too - it was a really pleasant surprise and made it taste really different! Kind of like really fancy "fish and chips" ;)





The fresh fruit was also great, and was pretty good value for $3 (the amount pictured was after Nathan had already eaten a fair bit of it). I was also excited because it had a piece of dragon fruit, which I'd never tried before. It turns out it doesn't really taste like anything, but I'm still glad I got to try it!


I would definitely order from here again! Next time I think I would try the Sushi Dinner, which comes with 5 pcs sushi and a kamikaze or california roll :)

After dinner we went to the Angels and Airwaves concert at The Sound Academy in Toronto! It was my first time seeing them live, so I was pretty excited! We parked by a T&T so I ended up buying an almond cookie on the way, but I only got to eat half of it before it got confiscated by security on the way in :( Boo.


The concert was great! I was disappointed that they didn't play my favourite song (Start the Machine), but they did play a lot of my others and I was happy I finally got to see them, especially because it was with Nathan ♥




I'm exhausted now, hopefully I'll have more time to get caught up tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment